Sexual violence presumes the abuse of power, when children and adolescents are used for sexual gratification of adults, being induced to or forced into sexual practices. This violation of the child and the adolescent’s rights directly interferes in the development of a healthy sexuality and in the psychosocial dimensions of the child and the adolescent, frequently causing permanent damage.
- No money or gratification involved.
- It qualifies when a child or adolescent is used for sexual stimulation or satisfaction of an adult.
- It is usually imposed by physical strength, menace, or seduction.
- It can happen in or outside the household.
- It presumes commercialization, sex happens in exchange of either financial favors or gifts.
- Children or adolescents are treated as sexual objects or merchandise.
- It may be related to criminal networks.